The Information Architect will work to enhance user experience of municipal government websites by organizing complex systems of information so that users can find exactly what they’re looking for. Applicants for this role should have a deep understanding of how to design and enhance information structure and process displays to ensure the best possible user experience. The Information Architect role is client facing.
A successful Information Architect will have strong information design and user experience skills, along with the ability to create quality information flows and structural artifacts.
- Research and analyze user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods of municipal government constituents
- Identify how users of municipal websites consume content, including data categorization and labeling
- Review current website information architecture of our clients and prospective clients; identify target audiences, envision architectural scheme, functionality, and user-interface design
- Lead the definition of taxonomies, structured data and content
- Research and analyze data related to current information architecture best practices in the municipal government industry
- Identify key areas of enhancement and improvement in information architecture designs in specific sites as well as in the industry as a whole
- Formulate prospective informational designs and templates to be used with multiple clients including preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups
- Continuously evaluate the performance of information architectures through research and analysis (using analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, HotJar, Voice of Citizen/Patron™)
- Work with members of the UX Strategy team to continuously improve user experience through information architecture, navigation design, UX writing and usability
- Work with the development team to ensure specifications are carried out appropriately
- Present information architecture artifacts (wireframes, visual sitemaps, page definition diagrams) and low fidelity designs to I.F. team members and clients
- Continuously track market trends and participate in education opportunities to continue evolving knowledge
- Travel to various locations, averaging twice per quarter (Due to Covid-19, travel is currently on hold and will recommence once it's safe to do so.)
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- 5+ years of experience as an information architect, UX writer, usability specialist, or UI designer
- Proficiency in designing layouts from start to finish, including wireframing, site maps, navigational schemas, and user/service flows
- Understanding of the overlaps and distinctions between content strategy, user experience, usability and information architecture
- Ability to understand consumer behavior and market trends
- Excellent research and data analysis skills
- Ability to recognize patterns to find useful information in data
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Communication, presentation and writing skills
- A team player who loves technology, communicates clearly (verbally and in writing), learns quickly.
- Skilled at and experienced with collaborating effectively with remote colleagues while working from home.
- Willingness to travel to various locations across the United States
- Demonstrated commitment to I.F. Purpose & Principles based on employment history, experience and interview(s).
Why work for I.F.?
- Work for a company with purpose: We empower public organizations to be more relevant, accountable, and responsive in engaging their communities via technology.
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of people. Over 4% of people living in the U.S. use I.F. technology every day.
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, and 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation and a flexible schedule
- 100% virtual work environment - work from home or a coworking location!
- Your coworkers are a small, handpicked team of amazing people.