Software Engineer III (Back End)
Interpersonal Frequency (I.F.) is seeking a Software Engineer III (Back End) to add to our growing team.
The Software Engineer III will lead the design, development, and deployment of complex software applications. They will bring a high level of technical expertise and experience to the team, and will be comfortable working on any area of an application.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Hands on back-end technical design, integration, development and maintenance of civic and municipal websites.
- Gathering and interpreting project technical requirements and edge cases, translating these into Drupal architecture and technical specification documents.
- Troubleshooting and supporting pre-production and live production environments; serve as an escalation point for resolution of challenging technical issues.
- Partnering with colleagues to define, implement and sustain standards, processes and tools that support organizational scalability and flexibility.
- Collaborating effectively with and mentoring remote colleagues.
- Drupal community involvement in support of overall I.F. engagement and presence strategy.
- U.S. Citizen or have a Green Card. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- Five+ years experience building Drupal-based solutions; at least three years experience with Drupal 8 backend development.
- Drupal 8 and 9 custom module development.
- Experience integrating and customizing Drupal core and contrib APIs, hooks, and events.
- Strong software development, design and architecture experience; commitment to quality demonstrated through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
- Experience with common system architectures and issues facing high traffic Drupal sites.
- An understanding of OOP and core Symfony fundamentals including Plugin development, Dependency Injection, Event Subscribers, Routing and Service definitions.
- Experienced PHP developer, familiar with the latest features of PHP
- Highly experienced with source control principles and code quality in a BitBucket/Git environment including workflows, and code review processes
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills grounded in the attitude that every challenge is an opportunity to improve; motivation to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new technologies and systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to I.F. Purpose & Principles based on employment history and experience and interview(s).
- Strong people and collaboration skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and I.F. clients.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability and inspire trust.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex issues/projects.
- Ability to collaborate on ticket creation, work breakdown, estimation and acceptance criteria.
- Participation in code reviews and mentoring other developers.
- Can act as Tech Lead on projects
- Demonstrated success in working in a highly collaborative team environment: ability to resolve conflict and to discern when to strongly advocate for a position and when to seek compromise.
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing conditions and opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to various locations across the United States
- Experience with component based software design
- Experience with decoupled web development
- Experience with Next.js, Typescript and Tailwind.
- Expertise in modern database development (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Experience building sites that scale properly with demand in containerized environments
- Drupal caching implementation and optimization experience
- Experience implementing/integrating with single sign on (SSO)
- Experience with search integration (ElasticSearch/ Swiftype experience preferred)
- Experience working with a DevOps Team
Why work with us?
- Help us build and scale an organization that directly impacts the lives of millions of people living in the U.S. every day
- Work in a fully remote environment. Be prepared to travel once a quarter for face-to-face with the team
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Access to a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution
- 6 weeks of PTO
Interpersonal Frequency LLC is an Equal-Opportunity Employer (EOE).