The UX Designer is a key member of the User Experience Strategy team, responsible for shaping the user experience (UX) design and user interface (UI) design for client projects across the public sector. They also contribute to the continuous improvement of the UX Strategy team’s internal processes and methodologies. They can clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal teams and clients in settings ranging from informal working groups to large-scale workshops and advocate for the importance of user-centered design and design thinking. The ideal candidate is also familiar with design systems and their implementation for client work.
They partner with the other UX Strategy team members to gather user and stakeholder requirements, document goals, and shape project parameters. They also collaborate closely with our development team throughout the project lifecycle. Throughout their work, they use a wide range of tools and techniques to help solve complicated problems, including (but not limited to): user personas, journey maps, service blueprints, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
The UX Designer is up-to-date on best practices and emerging trends in UX design and shows a keen ability to interpret and adapt those practices and trends to match internal and client needs. They are passionate about improving and innovating the user experience across public-sector websites and digital experiences through beautiful, accessible design solutions.
- Gather and evaluate user & stakeholder requirements in collaboration with project managers, research analysts, content strategists, engineers and clients
- Follow I.F.’s user-centered design process to gain deep understanding of user needs, priorities, goals, and paint points
- Collaborate to establish information architecture, create sitemaps, user flows, wireframes,
- Create visual design comps and interactive prototypes that convey a consistent, effective, and efficient user experience
- Advocate for user interface standards and best practices
- Collaborate with content strategists using a content-forward approach to design
- Collaborate with I.F. strategy, research, and project management staff to plan and conduct client discovery summits and workshops
- Create pixel-perfect visual design comps/mockups and interaction design prototypes that incorporate clear hierarchy and balance to help users complete key tasks
- Create design assets such as images, illustrations, and iconography
- Prepare and present drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders and incorporate feedback into design revisions
- Lead presentations, discussions and feedback reviews with clients
- Identify and troubleshoot UX & UI problems. (e.g. responsive breakpoints, contrast ratios)
- Design layout & interface adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to established brand guidelines and create website style guides and interactive pattern libraries
- Help shape and maintain I.F.’s design system and employ the design system for client projects
- Exchange productive feedback with team members across the organization to achieve continuous improvement of project processes and outcomes
Requirements and Qualifications:
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- Portfolio that demonstrates solid solutions to solve complex problems
- 5+ years experience working as a full-time UX professional
- 5+ years experience working on UI/UX design for websites
- 5+ years experience facilitating and designing UX workshops and presentations with clients or in a consulting role
- Experience creating and launching websites, starting from concept to production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and senior executives
- Ability to be a key contributor in multiple client projects at one time
- Experience working with Sketch, InVision, Optimal Workshop
- Experience working remotely in a virtual office environment
- Ability to work with virtual teams in a highly collaborative team environment and ability to resolve conflict, while fostering a collaborative and communicative environment
- Minimum Remote Environment Requirements:
- Internet Speed: 10 Mbs Download/10 Mbs Upload
- Quiet work environment with professional background
Interpersonal Frequency LLC is an Equal-Opportunity Employer (EOE).